Original Article from St. Tammany Parish’s site.
St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs Presents the 13th Annual President’s Arts Awards
Madisonville, LA: St. Tammany Parish President Pat Brister and the Commission on Cultural Affairs presented the 13th Annual President’s Arts Awards to recipients on Thursday, September 26, 2019 at the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum. Among those recognized, Palmettos on the Bayou receives award for Culinary Artist of the Year.
“I want to thank the Commission on Cultural Affairs for their hard work in selecting the recipients, and building an event that will honor our local arts community,” said Pat Brister, St. Tammany Parish President. “This event is our way of saying thank you to our local artists, our arts patrons, and to all of our residents — for your continued investment in the arts, and the future of the arts, for our community.”
The ten recipients are as follows:
- Visual Artist of the Year – Marcia Holmes
- Literary Artist of the Year – Michelle Hirstius
- Culinary Artist of the Year – Palmettos on the Bayou
- Performing Artist of the Year – Café Luke Dinner Theatre
- Musical Artist of the Year – Missi Spinosa
- Patron of the Year – Covington Three Rivers Art Festival
- President’s Award – Northlake Performing Arts Society
- Native Son Award – Ian Somerhalder
- Lifetime Achievement (Posthumously) – Willie Paretti
- Outstanding Service Award – Jennifer Bushnell.
The 13th Annual President’s Arts Awards is dedicated to the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Willie Paretti, who passed away in April of this year. Paretti was a founding member of the St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs.
Located at 1901 Bayou Lane, Slidell, LA, 70458, Palmettos is a short drive from New Orleans, Covington, Mandeville, Hammond or Pontchatoula. Call (985) 643-0050 today to reserve a table!
Palmettos is open six days a week. Join us for your next meal out!
- Tuesday – Thursday 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday – Thursday 4:30 p.m to 9 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday 4:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday 2 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Cajun Brunch served on Saturdays from 11 a.m. till 4 p.m.
- Jazz Brunch served on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Be sure to follow Palmettos on Facebook and check out the website for more information.